Saturday, March 15, 2008

A quick trip to Europe

Well, so far I am not very consistent at either posting or training.

I was in Europe last week for work, so that meant no long ride for me on March 1st. Not that the week wasn't lacking for excitement. I I needed to be in both Holland and Belgium, so Thursday night I took my little rental car and drove the 2 -3 hours to Belgium. I stayed in a cute little town that was very close to the office (there isn't actually anything near the office). Thank goodness for GPSes, I was wondering through little towns and backroads for about an hour, before I finally got to the hotel. The adventure got more exciting on the return trip to Holland. I must have chosen the "Long, meadering" route home. I followed every turn of the GPS.....and ended up on ferry (in the middle of no where) crossing a canal. I think the largest town I came across was Gouda. This is a little disturbing as I know there is a major highway between Antwerp & Amsterdam (and I was on my way to it for a little while) and I spent 3.5 hours making my way (in the dark) through back roads.

It is always an adventure with me.

I flew home on Saturday the 8th - I was on the ground by 12 and at home by 12:45... At 4pm we were at Cirque de Soeliel and then dinner and cake for Peter's birthday.

Sunday morning, I went for a 40 mile ride with Bob & Leslie. It was a beautiful day! It started out a little cold but warmed up nicely.

No comments: