Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bed Rest

Well, I am on bed rest. My blood pressure was elevated in 2 consecutive OB apppointments. Not skyrocket high but above 140/70ish and significantly higher than my consistent lower BP. On friday they gave me a 5th Ultrasound to confirm she is still growing and has good fluid. She is, she had gained 1 lb (now 7lbs 4 oz) since the ultrasound 2 weeks before.  The concern with the blood pressure is that it is either pre-eclampsia or gestational hypertension. I also had a little bit of protein in my urine which supports the pre-eclampsia. Monday I delivered 24hrs of pee to the lab along with blood for a additional labs. I will see the doctor on Wednesday to learn more. If it is pre-eclampsia then I will not be allowed to go past 39 weeks (which is this week) and if it is gestational hypertension then I won't be allowed to go past 40 weeks (Wednesday next week). I feel fine other than a headache every now and then.

My bed rest isn't as strict as some, I can get up to make a sandwich, shower, etc. I am not supposed to pick up Isaak and I don't have to be in bed. I can be on the couch, reclined with my feet up.

I have contractions every day, off and on. This has been going on for about 2 months now. They are getting stronger but nothing consistent. Every time they start I wonder, "is this it" and start timing them.

So...we wait.  The bags are packed, the carseat is in the car. We are as ready as we will ever be.

No comments: