Monday, August 20, 2007

Zinal > Gruben

We switched roles on this stage. I was slow, Kevin was faster. It was cloudy all day, but didn't rain. It was a long climb up to the Forclatta (another col). It was also very windy and cold at the top, all I wanted to do was rush down so I could warm up. This is our first German speaking valley...I don't expect to be able to understand a single word they say....should be intertaining.

Walking down from the col, we walked through a sheep ranch (literally, through their pens), down to a road. We caught up to the Kiwis, with the knees of steel. Our feet have hurt for the last hour (at least) of every day... I kept expecting this to go away, but it never did.

We both ran out of water as we finished the death march into town. The hotel was pretty nice, except that the bathroom was down the hall.

We ate dinner with Nigel, who we didn't expect to see again as he was going to walk past St. Niklaus, to get a head start on the Eurpoweg.

No comments: