Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Our Dutch Christmas Tree and a little reality check...

I worked from home on Monday, as our second Dutch (Nederlands) lesson was at 4 and it would kill my day if I went back and forth to Hilversum. I am really going to have to study this week as we learned enough new words that I will forget all of them without it.

 

Before our lesson Kevin had hooked up the bike trailer (which has proven to be very handy pre-baby) and went out to by a fake tree. I am allergic to Douglas Fir trees and we didn't want to risk a live one here while I couldn't take any good drugs.
















A picture of Kevin putting the tree together.
















When we got home from our lesson and after we had eaten, we listened to christmas music, drank hot chocolate and decorated the tree.



















Of the many conversation topics we covered on Sunday, one of then was cheap tickets and where to find them. I had Kristen refresh my memory today and then started shopping, just to see what was out there… Wouldn’t you know I came across 2 tickets to Prague for 200 Euros, round trip! I quickly sent Kevin a text to confirm the dates and then booked the flights. We are headed to Milan on Dec 19 – Dec 21st (I was supposed to go to Bologna for work and Kevin was going to fly in and out of Milan to meet me there. My trip got canceled so we moved his flights and added one for me). We then go to Prague Jan 3 – Jan 6th. I am very excited. Now we just need to find someone to take care of the dogs for those days!

 

I have felt like crap all day, the best way to describe it is that I feel pregnant. I know, I am 6 months along ….but most days I don’t feel pregnant, today I did. Big, bloated, achy and gassy…I was going to try to leave work a little early but missed my train so I got home around 6. Kevin was at the grocery store with the dogs so I surfed the internet for a while, waiting for him to get home. While I was waiting, TNT Post (the mail) delivered a package from our insurance company (they have yet to get us our cards but can send us  box filled with something…). I waited for Kevin to get home to open it as I suspected what was in it. Home births are so common here that the insurance companies send you a box of most of the things that you need to have one. It was filled with all sorts of absorbent products that I think are meant for me… Now some of you already know, I am in denial about this whole thing. I am due on March 10th and I am denial about everything that will happen after March 9th, the labor, the delivery, not to mention the fact that we will have a new life for which we are responsible. The package from the insurance company made it a little more real. I think I will shove it all back in the box and hide it in the baby's room. 



No comments: