Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Week 32 Prego Update & Kevin's first Half Marathon

Sunday we traveled to Egmond (on the North Sea) for Kevin's first half marathon. He was not impressed. It was 2 miles in the town, 4.5 on the beach (directly in to the wind) 1.4 on rolling dunes and the rest on brick/cobbleston streets. I am very proud of him as it was very cold, very windy and difficult terrain. I was going to try to see him in town but I lost sight of him as soon as he entered the starting chute. For the majority of his race I was in the local hotel restaurant/bar/lobby sipping hot chocolate and doing my dutch homework. I was at the finish line in time to catch him if he was ahead of time. I stood there for 45 minutes and missed him somehow. He had finished and walked back to find me. I was really bummed to not see him finish, be able to cheer him on or get a pic!

Me before Kevin's race, on the North Sea. It was as cold as it looks!



Below are the latest belly pics. I can hardly believe I am due in 8 weeks.

I am very proud of myself for making it into the pool yesterday and yoga today. I was much slower in the pool then I used to be but I was able to kick without my knee hurting. I was actually swimming too, not just floating. I do have a bit of extra drag. Yes, I was that pregnant woman in a bikini...it doesn't seem right to buy a prego swimsuit for just 2 more months. The yoga class was a Pregnancy Yoga class so it was very gentle but the stretching felt soo good! I am going to try to make it to the pool again tomorrow and plan to go to yoga again next week.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tia Langston said...

Dana!!! Cute belly...although I have to say that it doesn't look that big...I felt super huge with my kiddos. Good luck, it's coming fast! And I'm adding you to my blog list...hope that's ok.