Monday, February 23, 2009

Week 38 - No baby yet.

Last week was another relaxing week before our little bundle of joy arrives. I had a mid day nap almost every day and continue to feel like a beached whale when it comes to getting up off of the couch or out of bed. 

Thursday we had Diane & Alexander over for dinner. I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes and apple pie. Yum. We are still enjoying the leftovers.

Friday I headed to Hilversum to meet Tony and then drive to Houten (south of Utrecht) to see Joosje and her 4 week old daughter. Friday night we had dinner with Mike, Daryl, Alison and Bill at Moeders. This is a restaurant that serves dutch comfort food. I had the "stamppot" which is mashed potatoes with onions and carrots, bacon, kielbasa and a meatball. It was very good and the leftovers were even better.

Saturday we headed to Haarlem with Bill, Courtenay and Brian. We had lunch, toured the cathedral, had a fresh stroopwafel and went to the Frans Hals Museum. We then ordered take out and watched a movie at C&B's.

Sunday found me being unbelievably lazy. I slept until 10 (no midday nap on Thursday, Friday or Saturday and it caught up to me), surfed from the couch until 1:30, finally showered then soaked in a warm bath, followed by a nap and leftover stamppot. Kevin was much more energetic. He rode his bike to Haarlem and back.

Today found us going to our last birth class. We stopped by the hospital on our way home for a quick peek at the delivery rooms. It was a fast visit but I am reassured. Once home we had leftovers for lunch and then I took my standard nap. Now to figure out something for dinner...

1 comment:

Tia Langston said...

I love how your post is mostly about food. Hungry much?!?! :o)