Thursday, April 16, 2009

Rolling Over!

Today was my 6 week check up with my Midwife. Yes, Isaak will be 6 weeks on Monday. Time really flies. I expected a whole pelvic exam. Nope. We talked about what I think about when I think of the birth. How big and alert Isaak is. How he is sleeping (Really well between 9:30pm & 2, and then again between 2:30 & 6am. Not so well between 5pm & 9:30pm), how well he is eating and growing. Marike and her student felt my stomache to see if the muscles are coming back together - got the "all clear" for excercise/sit ups, and tested my iron to see how well I was recovering from the blood loss - just fine.

I quizzed her about allergy medication while breast feeding (my spring allergies are in full force and I was miserable last night. The netty pot works well to manage my allergies most of the time, right up until they get really bad) and if she had any OB/GYN recommendations for having my IUD put in (I really wanted a female doctor after my experience and horror stories of friends). She couldn't help with this one. She gave me her email address so that I can get her the very graphic birth photos. She really wants the ones where his head is crowning as I guess it is hard to get these and ours are very vivid.

On the way home I checked at the pharmacy to see if there was any "over the counter" allergy medicine that I could take. Of course they said No. I wasn't surprised as this is the "Tylenol for everything - and nothing stronger" country.

Once home I called my house doctor to make an appointment for my IUD, ask about prescription strength allergy medicine and my Hep A booster. They will call me back, hopefully they can give me something - I always have the "allergies make my asthma worse" card to play.

Yesterday we had a huge development with Isaak. He rolled from his front to his back - TWICE. We think it was a fluke as he shouldn't be doing that for several more weeks. We cheered like he was accepted into college!

This afternoon we are headed to Hoofdorp to get Isaak's residency started. If Kevin were to go alone then Isaak's residency would expire when Kevin's does - in 1 year. If I go then it will expire when mine does - in 4 years. 

He rolled from his front to his back yesterday, twice. We cheered as if he was just accepted to college. We think it was a fluke as he shouldn't be doing that for weeks. Maybe it had something to do with him being on the ottoman and it being a little 'cushy'. 

2 comments:

Mel said...

It may not be legal for me to send you Sudafed (since many countries treat that as a controlled substance), but I could probably mail you some benedryl, zyrtec, or claritin! That's all over the counter, so it shouldn't be illegal in Europe... right?

Hmm... well, let me know...

Melissa

Mel said...

BTW... it is very odd to me that the country which lets you legally smoke pot won't even give you meds that are OTC in the uptight US of A for very common issues...