Monday, August 31, 2009

Isaak is working on his first teeth. He was handling the pain pretty well until yesterday. He started pulling at his left ear more often. Last night he would cry about once an hour, all night. Poor little guy.

This morning Isaak woke up with a runny nose. I called the House Doctor today and he said use paracetmol for the teeth and call him back if he develops a fever.

I gave him a dose of paracetamol (tylenol)this afternoon and it seemed to help. He went right to sleep after his bath and hasn't roused since.

Isaak and I went for a run this morning, sans dogs. Halfway through the loop he started chatting, squawking and laughing. Too cute.

Yesterday Kevin and I took the road bikes to Ikea (with Isaak in the trailer). Something went screwy with my bike. I had changed the back tire before we left (in the last trip it had gone flat) and something must have gone out of wack with my rear derailer as I only had 3 gears...on the big one. Regardless, it was still faster then my dutch bike.

Last week we had taken Isaak to the Zuiderbad. It was too cold for him, both in and out of the water. Isaak was not happy with being put under water.

Saturday, we took Isaak to the Mirandabad. It is pool we had never been too. I had always thought it was 7 euros per visit. It isn't. It is more like 3.50 per visit. They have an entire complex of baby/kid pools. It incudes a wave pool, wading pool and two slides. The water was much warmer then last week and the air temperature was really warm. You didn't need to dry off to stay warm after getting out of the pool. He floated on his back, splashed in the water and went under 3 times.

Isaak now wears a bib all day...the drool is just too much. It is either change the bib twice a day or change his onesie 3 times.



DSC02777

DSC02761

DSC02768

DSC02769

1 comment:

Josh Payne said...

I love that there's a sock monkey in the house! =)