Sunday, August 09, 2009

A Very Un-Productive Week

I have had a serious motivation problem all week. A quick bout of Kevin's cold and a spasming/seizing back & neck didn't help. Hopefully the next week will be better.

Monday I started to come down with Kevin's cold. I decided to nurse Isaak for one last week, to at least get him through this nasty cold. Monday night I crawled into bed after taking a couple of advil and benedryl and told Kevin he had better rally out of his sickness on Tuesday because it was now my turn to be pathetic and sleep all day.

Kara left on Tuesday. I was sad to see her go. She was an absolute joy to have around. I was feeling so shitty & exhausted I couldn't even get out of bed to see her off.

I slept all day Tuesday. I would rouse for a few minutes every couple of hours, take more advil and then go back to bed.

Wednesday I woke up feel MUCH better...only to develop a kink in my neck a few minutes later. The kink turned into a full back/neck spasm. It sucked! More advil was taken. The only relief was to lay flat on the bed with my head on Kevin's tempurpedic neck pillow. If I did this for an hour then I could get up and function for 10 min.

Needless to say I didn't get any work done Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thursday my neck and back were still a wreck. I was over the cold by now and Kevin was too so I decided it would be my last day of nursing (I was already down to 1 feed in the mornings anyway) and then dose my self with a muscle relaxant and crawled back in bed. I tried to work a little but it was very productive.

Friday I finally started to feel like I could function, my back & neck and subsided into a kink again. I was finally able to go and get my IUD - my favorite form of birth control. Of the 3 I have had this time wasn't nearly as bad as the first. I had a female OB/GYN and I like her a lot more then the bastard who stitched me back together in March...really I am over it.

Isaak was out of pureed fruits & veggies so Courtenay & I took a trip to Albert Cuyp. I may have went a little overboard...potatos, sweet potatos, bananas, squash, peaches, apples, avocado, carrots. oh my.

Once home I started cycling the produce through the food processor and ice cube trays.
DSC02742
My shoebox sized freezer.

Yes, Isaak is in danger of having orange hands & feet from all of the orange veggies.

Saturday morning Kevin and I went for a run. We really must be quite a site. One pushing the jogger the other with dogs in tow. I really need to get so I run more then once a month.

The rest of the day was spent hanging out with Isaak & Kevin.

Sunday was another lazy day. I am trying to soak up every minute of time with Isaak. I know it is flying by faster then I want.

In my weekend websurfing I found a couple of blogs with really cute stuff to sew. I wish I had a sewing machine here. I am torn on whether I should buy one. I may end up doing just that, something simple and inexpensive.

Tomorrow is Monday. I hope to be more productive.

1 comment:

Brazenlilly said...

Being sick with a kid around SUCKS! I'm glad you are feeling better and hope your neck/back stay normal too. Love the pic of the freezer!