Monday, March 30, 2009

A day of firsts (not to be the last)

Today Isaak had his first bottle of breast milk. I was able to pump about 2 oz last night and Kevin gave it to Isaak this morning as a trial run. It went well (or at least that is what Kevin says, as I slept through it!). Turns out 2 oz is not enough for one feeding, we need more like 4 oz, which makes sense, he has been draining both boobs during most feedings which must be getting him about 4 oz, maybe a little more. What was even better was that he didn't seem to have any "nipple confusion" when I fed him a few hours later... This means Kevin may be able to take more of the middle of the night feedings and we may even be able to get away for a "date night". First, I need to figure out how to get more milk pumped while still satisfying Isaak's hunger...it will just be a timing thing.

The other first for the day was me riding my bike for the first time in about 4 weeks! It didn't hurt, which means my stitiches must almost be healed...now for the knots to finally dissolve!

The weather was finally nice enough that I felt that I could put my "Oregon" sticker on my bike bags, and not have it wash away in the rain. Sara S gave me this as a gift before we left and I have been wanting to get it on my bike ever since! I am sure Kevin will make fun of me for putting stickers on my bike, he will probably relate it to putting stickers on a car - which he says there is an age limit too. Oh well!

4 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

yeah! Great news about Isaak & the bottle. I found I always was able to pump more if I did it after the first morning feeding. And for some reason, I'm OK with one or two bike stickers, but NOT OK with car bumper stickers. Double standard? Maybe!

Sara said...

I'm impressed with your frequent updates and am totally enjoying them. The sticker looks rockin!

Anonymous said...

I can tell you and Kevin are excellent parents. Isaak is very lucky. Let me know if you would like any advice about things that I might remember from 12 years ago. We are looking forward to Jone (yes - still tentative due to Employer/contract transition - should know soon & are monitoring airfare options to make sure they don,t disappear). Hug Isaak for me. ec

Anonymous said...

:)