Sunday, June 14, 2009

Its been too long...

It has been a long time since I posted last.

Isaak and I traveled to the US at the end of May. It broke Kevin's heart to be away from Isaak for so long. Isaak and I were able to spend a few days in Portland and then spent a week at my Dad's. The Portland portion of the trip was too short and I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to.

While in Portland we stayed at Andrea's house. Michelle came down from Seattle to see us, we had dinner with the Pool's & Dittman's. Rebecca threw a "Meet Isaak" shower -- moving the 3-6mo onesie up to 18. 18! I got to see most of the girls while at Rebecca's. I miss them so much! Before I left town I also had coffee with Sarah.

I spent more time at Dad's. We spent in an evening in Spokane at my brother's house, spending time with my Sister-in-Law and nephew. My aunt's came up to visit, they took turns holding Isaak for the 45 minutes that he was awake between naps. At the time he was sleeping for 4 hours between feeds. They kept wanting to wake him up to hold him...Louise ended up taking a nap with him, getting her a little more time with him.

My sister was also in town. It was great to see her. She and I stayed in my grandparent's 5th wheel that we parked in front of Dad & Janet's house. Janet's daughter, Jacki, got married that weekend and this allowed us to get more time with Dad & Janet yet be out of their hair.

During our time at Dad's, Isaak decided to start sleeping through the night. He went from around 9pm - 5am. It was heaven! He did it about 4 times.

The flight home was tough. He didn't sleep much, which meant I didn't sleep much. I am suprised I was still standing when Courtenay met me at the airport. I am not sure that I was coherent. She helped us get home (I came home with 1 more suitcase then I left with).

Once home (at 9am), I fed Isaak and then we both slept for 3 hours. I woke up and fed him again, handed him to Kevin and then slept for another 3 hours. It wasn't the right way to get over jet lag, but there was no way I could stay awake. I started to get a cold while I was at my dad's...the lack of sleep on the plane only made it worse.

Kevin's mom arrived on Saturday, June 6th. I had to go back to work on the 8th and Kevin is working 5 days a week during June so she is going to watch Isaak for us during the day. We are still trying to get in to daycare, I have my fingers crossed that we will have a spot when we need it in August.

I started work on Monday, and Sunday Isaak's jet lag was in full force. He was awake and hungry every 2 hours...and I had to get up at 5. It took until about Wednesday night for him to go for more then 3 hours at a time. YUCK! I was a walking zombie for those days.

This Thursday he started sleeping longer at night. He started to go from 10:30 - 7 or 8am, and I actually went to bed immediately after him! It has been a long time since I have gotten that much sleep!

Yesterday we went out to Pancakes with Courtenay, Brian & Bill. They were as good as I remembered! Kevin, Kathleen & Isaak and I then walked around for a while, slowly introducing Kathleen to the sights.

I promise to upload new Isaak pictures to Flickr and add a few photos to this post. After I get some sleep!

1 comment:

Court said...

Isaak + Dana + sleep = GOOD STUFF :)