Thursday, June 26, 2008

And now, Buenos Aires

Kevin saw much more of Santiago, then I. I was in the office on Monday and Tuesday, while he did a couple of walking tours. We met a "Tastet" for drinks. Thanks to Facebook Kevin found a family of Tastets that live in Santiago. We met the father and daughter for a drink at the hotel. Eugenio was very adamant that we contact him when we are here again so that he can introduce us to his family and show us more of Santiago and Chile.

We flew to Buenos Aires Tuesday night. Once in Santiago we caught a cab to the hotel. This is a huge city. It feels a lot larger then Santiago, I think it has twice as many people.

Kevin and I went downstairs to get a bite to eat. They say the beef in Argentina is the best. I have to admit it is on par with my family's own beef. There is a lot of meat served in this country. I think I have eaten more red meat on this trip then I have in the last 4 months. In Buenos Aires, even the butter is beef (or at least your bread comes with a "beef spread" that tasted like roast beef and butter.

Wednesday I headed to the office with Sue, while Kevin went back to bed. I am going to let Kevin provide the details of his version of Buenos Aires. So far my has included going to and from the office.

Friday night we are going to take a Tango class and then Friday - Sunday Kevin can show me the highlights of the city.

No comments: