Saturday, June 21, 2008

City #2 - Santiago

I don't think I will ever get tired of boarding a plane to another country. There is something about being greated in another language as you board...

I arrived in Santiago last night and checked in to my hotel, the Ritz Carlton. I know, I know, I have a tough life. I met Toni & Sue for a drink and then dinner. The conversation always seems to quickly become about work. Ugh. We had dinner in the hotel, again very nice.

I finally crashed around 1am and planned to sleep as late as possible. I had forgotten to turn my alarm off so it woke me up 4 hours later, i promptly went back to sleep and slept until 10.

The first thing I did when I woke up was open the curtains. Wouldn't you know, a view of the Andes. Slightly obstructed, but it is still the Andes - so close you could reach out and touch them.

I showered, arranged for a car to pick Kevin up at the airport and then headed out for breakfast. Trusty Fodor recommended Cafe Melba (a few blocks from the hotel). It was a little cafe that was really good.

I went looking for local crafts for the next couple of hours, planning to return to the hotel in time to meet Kevin.

No comments: