Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Still a cripple

A month has passed and I still have the brace and the crutches. I am working on getting my range of motion and flexibility back. The crutches have sent my shoulder and chest muscles for a loop though, resulting in a couple of slipped ribs. I am currently sitting with a heat pad on my chest and trying not to take too big of a breath.

I went to a chiropractor for the first time (ever) on Friday - 3 appts later - no good. Now I am in too much pain to even have him try to adjust me. I limped home and quickly sent emails to Robyn and Josh - looking for Andrea's miracle working naturopath. (Andrea is hiking through a rainforest in Peru). Dr Mindy massaged my shoulders, neck & chest to get the muscles to release - then used accupuncture. I left feeling ok, I go back on Thursday.

I am supposed to go to Brazil, Chile & Argentina on the 16th. This has to be healed by then, otherwise there is no way I am getting on a plane.

I am going to work from home for the rest of the week, so I can stay off of the crutches - instruments of torture that they are.

No comments: