Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day 10 - Antwerp - Amsterdam

Today I headed to the Laakdal for my last day there. I worked until 12 and then drove back to Antwerp to check out of the hotel with Kevin. We grabbed our bags and then headed north to Amsterdam. We stopped for lunch about 30 minutes outside of Antwerp. Its a shame that we get to rent a convertable an the only time the top was down was when Kevin was driving around Amsterdam and Hilversum with the car, last week. After we got back on the road again, I promptly fell asleep. Kevin woke me up in Rotterdam and then I was asleep again until we had to stop for gas at the airport. We returned the car and caught the train back to Amsterdam Central. I am really glad that we got a GPS with the car, driving in Belgium (and back to Holland) would have been a lot more difficult.

In Amsterdam we headed out for dinner at a little Greek restaurant, around the corner from our hotel. It was very good. When they brought the check we learned they only took cash (there were credit card signs on the door and a credit card machine by the bar), evidently they were a new restuarant and didn't have the credit card process of working yet. Kevin had to run to Central Station to get cash. While I waited they offered me a drink on the house (for the misunderstanding), when Kevin got back they offered one to him too. So we each had an ouzo before heading out to see the Red Light district. This area was very close to the hotel.

The Red Light district was a little surreal, the women were standing in the windows, they were much prettier then we expected. We wondered around here for a while and then headed back to the hotel .

No comments: