Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day 8 & 9 - Antwerp

If you haven't noticed the majority of the sight seeing is done by Kevin while I work.... the two ful days in Antwerp was no different.

On Monday I headed work while Kevin hung out in town. He did a little laundry and then headed out into town.

Monday, the team in Laakdal hosted a team dinner, so Kevin road the train out to Geel and I picked him up. We then made our way to Tessenderlo where we had dinner. We were the only ones in the restuarant (it was a little late on Monday), the food was very good and the conversation was great. We only talked about work a little. The people there from Laakdal were Danielle, Anja, Dimi & Kris.

Driving to Geel and then Tessenderlo was an expereince, I really liked the little towns, they have a much different feel then Antwerp.

Tuesday
I went to work again, and Kevin saw more of the sites. He slept in, worked out and then went to the the Maritime museum. In this museum he saw models of ships and small maritime artificacts, like compasses, sailing rigs, naked ladies for the bows of ships, but mostly fancy model ships. When I got back into town from work, we headed out for dinner, but first stopping for some friete. They weren't in a paper cone, those I couldn't find when I was in Antwerp (because I was always out after the places were closed), so I will have those in Brussels or Brugges. We had dinner in a little restaurant near the big church. This was the third time I ended up with a goat cheese/bacon salad, man is it good. I only knew I was ordering once, so I got pretty lucky. We decided to take the metro back to the hotel. We got on a train going the right direction but missed our stop, so we got out at the next one and then walked the rest of the way. We ended up walk through the diamond district to Antwerp Central and then to the hotel.

Once back at the hotel, I packed and we "veged" out.

No comments: