Friday, June 22, 2007

Day 3 - Amsterdam and Antwerp

Today we had to go to the hotel to pick up the rental car and then I had to head to work while kevin went back and hung out in Amsterdam for the day. Breakfast was at a little cafe next to the hotel and then we hopped the train to the airport. The car is a convertable and we were able to get a GPS (which came in very handy later). I ended up on a different train to Hilversum then I had taken before and it took about twice as long. While I was on my way to work Kevin drove back to the Amsterdam - which was pretty exciting - the GPS is very handy, although once you get in town its verbal directions are a little slow, but if you watch the map you can figure it out.

Today was also a "team" dinner for the project I am working on. It was fun, it was a bbq at a local (near the campus). All of the people on the team are very nice and very social. After dinner (at 10pm) Kevin and I drove to Antwerp, as I had to be at the DC on Thursday. The drive was very easy (especially for me since I fell asleep and Kevin drove). We made it to Antwerp with out any problems but promptly got lost once we were in town. Thanks to the GPS we eventually found our hotel. Its a good thing our first experince navigating Antwerp was at 12:30am as traffic was non-existent.

We stayed at the Astrid Park Plaza, across from Centraal station. It is a very nice hotel and we both slept like rocks...except for the my phone ringing at 1:30 am (a call from the US).

No comments: