Sunday, June 10, 2007

Preparing for a summer of travel

All in all its been a pretty good birthday. Breakfast/Brunch at Fat City Cafe, Annie Bloom's Books, a swim, Powells and dinner with friends.

We have a week before we leave on our first trip. I am so excited that I want to start packing now...is it too early for that? I think I now have enough books to suffice for the the summer flights, I just hope they all fit in my bags....

Several people have asked me to keep my blog updated during our summer travels. Here is the general itineray for the Summer.


June 17 - July 2: 1st Europe Trip.
We got lucky on this trip. I have to go to the Nike EHQ (Hilversum) and EMEA DC (Laakdal) for work and Kevin is going with me. We are going to spend the one weekend in Paris and the second in Brussels with vists to Brugge & Ghent.
  • Amsterdam
  • Antwerp
  • Paris
  • Brussels/Brugges/Ghent

July 6 - July 14: Florida in July.
Kevin's parent's 50th wedding anniversery is in December, so the Tastets are celebrating it in July. (something about not wanting to fly at Christmas). We will be in Orlando for the week.


Aug 4 - Aug 23: 2nd Europe Trip.
Our Haute Route trip. We will be walking from Chamonix France to Zermatt Switzerland. It will take us 14 days. We will spend a day in Geneva on either side of the hiking trip and a day in London on our way home. ~20 days in all.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Hey, happy birthday! Andy and I are looking forward to living vicariously through your travel adventures this summer!

Mel said...

Oh, and not that you need any more book recommendations, but I've read some good stuff lately:

The Shadow of the Wind
The Historian
The Hummingbird's Daughter
Kafka on the Shore
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

Now I'm back onto reading about China.