Saturday, March 18, 2006

Day 20 Saturday March 18th - Last Day in Shanghai

Today was my last day in Shanghai. Vera and Patrick and I met in the lobby
around 10 to spend the day wandering. We headed down Nanjing Lu to the
Shanghai Museum of Urban Planning. My world traveling friend Melissa
recommended I see this. The 3rd floor has a scale model of Shanghai. There
are also scale models of the deep water port and of the airport. It was very
cool to see. After the museum we made our way to a massage salon also
recommended by Melissa. Dragonfly was to die for. I wish I had known about
this place earlier. We were able to sneak in for a hour long head and
shoulder massage. I fell a sleep during it. Man, did it feel good. After
the massage we headed to the Bund to catch a ferry to Pudong to have dinner
at the Hyatt. The smog was as thick as fog so we didn't really have that
good of a view, but it was still nice. After dinner we walked to the
nearest Metro stop. Vera headed to the Mag Lev (high speed magnetic train)
to go to the airport to pick up her husband and Patrick and I headed back to
Nanjing Lu so he could do his last minute shopping. The MTR/Metro was
extremely fast. It only took a couple of minutes to get from Pudong to the
Nanjing Lu, which if look at a map is a significant distance.

We returned to the hotel around 9pm. I finished all of my packing as I have
to be in the lobby tomorrow by 5:45 (checked out and ready to go to the
airport). My suitcase weighs a ton. I am definitely over 70lbs. Once I get
to the Hong Kong airport I will check it at the airport and leave it there
until I fly home on Thursday. I have been able to pack my carryon in such a
way as to only need it while I am in Hong Kong.

Now for sleep. And on to Hong Kong tomorrow.

No comments: