Saturday, March 25, 2006

Day 23 March 22nd Wednesday – Hong Kong

Jane and I met around 11 at the Central ferry terminal on Hong Kong Island. Neither one of us really had anything we had to do today so we decided to hop on a bus and go to Stanley Market, the Murray House and what ever else might come up. I swore I was not going to do any shopping in Hong Kong. Well, I just couldn’t resist so I bought a couple of small pieces of art.

Murray House was moved in the 80s so that a bank tower could be built in its place. It took Hong Kong about 10 years to finally put it back together…it ended up being a 3.5 year puzzle and when they were finished they had 6 extra columns. You will have to check out the HK pics.

After a little shopping and a much needed beer and a little lunch we headed back to the other side of Hong Kong Island and then grabbed a ferry to the Kowloon side. I dropped my stuff off at my hotel and then we met Jane’s sister in Mong Kok (the spelling may be off on that one). We wandered the streets there for a while. I had the spiciest bowl of noodles I think that I have ever had. We then headed back to Hong Kong Island to have a beer on “ex-pat” row. This area is really a bar area that seems to cater to the younger professionals and expats. We ended up in a bar had a live band that could sing everything from Alanis Morrisette to Steely Dan. I stayed out entirely too long and was only able to get about 3 hours of sleep before having to leave for the airport to head home.

All in all I am very glad I went to Hong Kong.

No comments: